Friday, August 9, 2013

MODA'S BOOK LOVER'S DAY { WHAT IS CURRENTLY ON MY BEDSIDE TABLE}


Happy Book Lover's Day!

I LOVE
a good book!

I happen to have a pretty good
library of actual,
no kidding,
real life books.
(not just the 100s that are on my Kindle)

I must admit
that the
quilting section of my book collection
is quite hefty
(like my fabric stash).




Every time that I move, 
the movers (AKA my Hubby)
always comments on backaches that he gets from hauling
all of my books/archive magazines.

Since it is Book Lover's Day,
I thought that I would
show you my favorite books-past & present:


First, let me start by telling you that in order for me to purchase a book,
it must have 1 or more of the following:

1. Have at least 4-5 projects/quilts that I want to make.

2. Have clear diagrams/photographs.

3. If it the book is by one of my favorite authors, then it is a given
that I am going to buy the book.


So Back THEN {as in when I started quilting}
these were some of the first books that I purchased: 



Material Obsession- Modern Quilts with Traditional Roots
by Kathy Doughty & Sarah Fielke
has always been one of my all-time favorite quilt books!

It is my go to pick me up/happy quilt book!



I  periodically pull out the book
and drool over all of the quilts in the books.
I mean the cover quilt alone
screams "MAKE ONE LIKE ME!"
and HELLO it's a RED quilt.

Some of my favorite quilts are book marked by the tabs:

Like I said,
diagrams & pictures are everything to me.

I love the hand drawn/sketched diagrams in the book:


Favorite Quilts From Anka's Treasures 
by Heather Mulder Peterson
was another one of my go to books when I first started quilting.

Her Scrappy Stars Quilt is still on my
"to make someday" list:


These are the books that are currently on my bedside table:


Little Stitches by Aneela Hoey
is my current favorite embroidery book.

I love that she has included lots of projects for those of us
who have little boys:


Beginner's Guide To Free Motion Quilting
by Natalia Bonner
inspires to me to jump out and try the big, bad world of free motion quilting:



Large Block Quilts
by Vickie Eapen
is FULL of fun & inspiring quilts!

I have seen & touched each on the quilts in the book
and I wanted to take them all home with me...
literally...and I had the chance to!



What are you favorite Quilt Book?

Don't forget to stop by
Moda...the Cutting Table
because they will be giving away 6 new books on the blog!
You can all find other links
to Book Lover's Day!



Until Next Time...Happy Quilting

Little Lady Patchwork...the SHOP
Moda Precuts
Moda Fabric
Free Priority Shipping On Orders Over $25.00

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your favorite quilt books. I think I have most of them in my collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful detailed post! I added Material Obsession to my wish list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I have a selection at all times. There is no one favorite. I do love piecing over applique, though, and traditional over contemporary, but just about anything Judy Martin does is good in my book. Thanks for sharing your faves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to meet someone who loves modern and traditional. Me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for participating and sharing all your wonderful eye candy. Do you quilt your blocks before assembling them? If so, how do you put them together? I'm puzzled. I have so many quilt books that's it's difficult for me to pick a favorite. I rotate them frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really happy because these quilts are looking so gorgeous and I got many interesting things from this post thanks for the sharing.

    Beautiful Villa Rentals in Italy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...