Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Never Too Late For Love

February has come and gone

but it never too late

to share some love!


In between my crazy work schedule,

I was able to make this

mini quilt for a friend of mine.

My motto these days is:

S-I-M-P-L-E

(because I have so little time these days)

so I sat sat down and drew a SIMPLE

sketch of hearts.


Then I added the names of her children.

Next I transferred the sketch

to some Moda Bella Solid fabric.



Then I stitched away


This was the first time that I have every used this

embroidery thread

and I am love with it.

(It is soft as BUTTER!)



I added a 1" border using some solid fabric.



and I ended up with the sweetest, little mini quilt.




Here is the back:



Quilt Stats:

Finished Size- 10" X 12"

Fabrics used-

Moda Bella Solid ivory (sku#9900-60),

pink(sku#9900-61),

lilac (#9900-66)

Backing fabric- Giddy by Sandy Gervais for Moda



(sku#8066, 8067, 8008, 8060, 8009)


Until Next Time... Happy Quilting!


6 comments:

  1. This idea is just lovely. Keep it and just remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very cute! You have been busy haven't you? lol! I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have been wondering what you had been up to, you have been missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...